See streaming psychotherapy videos from renowned therapists and professors, including videos from professor of clinical psychology at the University of Calgary, Keith S. Dobson, PhD. The videos cover cognitive therapy approaches to various topics — including life satisfaction, self-perception, and cognitive distortions, among others.
Observe the practice of psychotherapy in action
A continually expanding database of streaming psychotherapy videos, PsycTHERAPY provides a gateway for students, educators, and practitioners to witness first-hand, proven approaches and common obstacles faced during therapy sessions.
As a dynamic teaching and learning tool, PsycTHERAPY provides a rich assortment of filmed interactions between well-known therapists and individuals, couples, and families.
Key benefits of PsycTHERAPY
- See first-hand, unscripted psychotherapy for hundreds of topics, including health and relationship problems, addiction, anxiety, and depression, among others
- Streaming video format allows users to observe psychotherapy techniques put into practice by master practitioners, including approaches such as emotion-focused therapy, cognitive behavior therapy, psychodynamic therapy, and many more
- Quickly find videos of relevance with professional indexing of terms and information about the participants, session content, and therapeutic approaches
- Synchronized and searchable transcripts make finding relevant videos and clips quick and easy
- Capture and share specific examples with other authorized users by creating video clips and playlists
Download a printable information sheet (PDF, 88KB) about PsycTHERAPY to learn more.
APA Members & Individuals
PsycTHERAPY is one of several APA research databases available through the following APA PsycNET® personal subscription options:
Visit the APA Members & Individuals page for more information on personal subscription options.
Librarians & Institutional Representatives
PsycTHERAPY is available for institutional site license directly from APA via the APA PsycNET® platform.
To start a free 30-day trial for your institution, or to receive additional information, complete this form to have a representative contact you.
|Database Type||Streaming video|
|Record Type||Therapy demonstration videos|
|Quantity of Records||431 videos|
|Update Frequency||Updated biannually|
|Record Format||Video and synchronized transcript|
The PsycTHERAPY® database is produced and copyrighted by the American Psychological Association (APA). All rights reserved.
Information current as of May 2016
Learn more about searching PsycTHERAPY. Take a look at our:
A variety of additional training materials and tools are available from our Search Help and Training Center.
Tips & Training
- APA Databases & Electronic Resources Blog – news about APA Databases, including announcements about training sessions
- Webinar Training – sessions for students and faculty, librarians and individual subscribers
- Video Tutorials – for APA Databases on APA PsycNET, EBSCOhost, ProQuest and OvidSP
- Podcasts – audio summaries of research recently added to PsycEXTRA, PsycBOOKS and PsycCRITIQUES (also available from iTunes)
- Search Guides – platform-specific training materials, including Quick Reference Guides
- Topic Guides – tips for searching APA Databases for a particular topic area
- Classification Codes – categorizing database content by primary subject matter
- Field Guide – quick definitions of the fields in APA Databases
- Record Structures – in-depth information on the searchable fields in:
More About PsycTHERAPY
- PsycTHERAPY Printable Fact Sheet (PDF, 90KB)
Access & Subscription Options
Databases & Electronic Products
- APA Style CENTRAL®
The Institutional Electronic Resource for APA Style
Abstracts & Index Records
Full-Text Journal Articles
Full-Text Books & Chapters
Conference Materials, Newsletters, Fact Sheets, & More
Book & Film Reviews
Psychological Tests & Measures
Streaming Psychotherapy Demonstration Videos
- APA Books® E-Collections
Select Full-Text Books
- APA Handbooks in Psychology®
Reference Book Resources
- APA Video Introduction to Psychotherapy Systems
Streaming Video Guide to Psychotherapy Approaches
- APA Clinical Training Video Series
Streaming Video of Psychotherapy Experts in Action