Introducing a newly improved APA PsycNET® platform, featuring a new look, new functionality, and a powerful new technology upgrade!
Starting mid-July 2017, you will see a completely new contemporary look and responsive web design to help users with improved usability and functionality. Plus, a powerful new technology upgrade will enhance overall search and discovery to help researchers find the most relevant psychology content with even greater ease and precision.
Access and pricing options for APA's databases vary for individuals searching from home or office or an institution providing database access.
Experience the powerful union of content, discovery, and delivery with APA PsycNET
APA's newly updated platform enables users to quickly find and use the most relevant and reliable behavioral and social science content with confidence.
Key benefits of APA PsycNET:
Exceptional Content Options
Designed and built for APA databases, and the discovery and delivery of premium behavioral and social science content including:
- Nearly 4 million abstracts of peer-reviewed literature
- APA-published scholarly and professional full-text journal articles and book chapters
- Full-text reference works including the APA Handbooks of Psychology® Series
- Unscripted psychotherapy videos featuring renowned therapists
- Psychological tests, scales, and other measurement tools
- Hard-to-find conference papers, patient materials, brochures and other gray literature
- Psychologically relevant book and film reviews
- And more
Unparalleled Discovery & Delivery
- Precise searching via APA's controlled vocabulary through full-integration of the Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms®
- Expert indexing and taxonomy developed by APA for the discovery of unique content including psychological measurement instruments and tests
- Flexibility in search options through easy single statement searches and more advanced fielded queries offers extraordinary search capabilities
- Trending, popular, and related content options enhance content discovery across the platform
- Tabbed presentation of search results lets users easily navigate between databases and content types
- One click search refinement quickly and easily narrow search results to find exactly what users need
- Personal search manager MyPsycNET allows users to save searches, set up alerts, and store results information
- English, Spanish, French, German, and Portuguese localization options allow users to see headers, tabs, fields and other user-interface elements and platform functionality in the language they are most comfortable using.
- A responsive new web design properly render content and functionality across all devices, making the need for a separate APA PsycNET mobile app obsolete.
Download a printable information sheet (PDF, 2287KB) about APA PsycNET to learn more.
Library & Institutional Licenses
APA databases are available for institutional site license directly via the APA PsycNET platform. Learn more about APA databases by type:
APA PsycNET offers premium institutional benefits including:
- Platform customization options
- Compliance with COUNTER Release 4
- MARC records
- Easy multifaceted administrative capabilities
- Outstanding training & customer service
- And much more
Visit the APA Databases and Electronic Resources for Libraries and Institutions page to learn more about institutional site license options through APA PsycNET or contact an APA representative directly:
- Email: Quotes
- Phone: 877-236-2941 or 202-336-5648
Several access options to APA PsycNET® are available for APA members and other individuals — including subscription and on-demand access:
APA PsycNET Personal Subscriptions
Enjoy the full array of APA databases and electronic resources — from the full-text of the most recent APA-published journal articles and book chapters to exclusive unscripted psychotherapy videos — available through the following APA PsycNET personal subscription options:
Visit the APA Members & Individuals page for more information on personal subscription options.
APA PsycNET Direct
Day passes and by-the-item access options are available for select APA databases.
Visit the Day Pass or By-the-Item Access page to learn more about APA PsycNET Direct.
Training specialists offer live webinars tailored to specific needs. Choose from custom sessions created for varying skill levels, databases, and unique user groups to create a customized learning experience.
View upcoming training webinars for:
APA brings APA PsycNET training to you with in-person sessions at library and professional conferences throughout the year. Visit the Exhibit, Conference, and Training Schedule to see where we'll be.
Access online training tools 24/7:
Tips & Documents
Additional tools and resources can be found in the Librarian's Resource Center.
More About APA PsycNET
Access & Subscription Options
Databases by Type
Databases & Electronic Products
- APA Style CENTRAL®
The Institutional Electronic Resource for APA Style
Abstracts & Index Records
Full-Text Journal Articles
Full-Text Books & Chapters
Conference Materials, Newsletters, Fact Sheets, & More
Book & Film Reviews
Psychological Tests & Measures
Streaming Psychotherapy Demonstration Videos
- APA Books® E-Collections
Select Full-Text Books
- APA Handbooks in Psychology®
Reference Book Resources
- APA Video Introduction to Psychotherapy Systems
Streaming Video Guide to Psychotherapy Approaches
- APA Clinical Training Video Series
Streaming Video of Psychotherapy Experts in Action