Psychology Teacher Network
A publication of the Education Directorate
September 2017 |Vol. 27, No. 3
In This Issue
- Making the most of the Academic Program Review
Tips from an expert reviewer on the program review process.
By Jane S. Halonen, PhD
- Project Assessment
A new beta site featuring course and program-level assessment tools.
- APA Summit on High School Psychology Education
The summit was held July 2017 in Ogden, Utah, and videos of the keynote addresses are available online. The November PTN will focus on the APA summit.
- The Virtual Psychology Museum
This online museum features famous studies, interactive content, videos, demonstrations and podcasts.
By Ryan C. Martin, PhD, and Georjeanna Wilson-Doenges, PhD
- Trends in precollege and undergraduate psychology (PDF, 516KB)
This infographic highlights the growth in enrollment in psychology.
- Review of 'Using Evidence of Student Learning to Improve Higher Education'
This comprehensive book focuses on assessment practices and a call for action.
- Just say no (to providing class slides)?
To share or not to share . . . lecture notes.
News from TOPSS
- 2017 TOPSS Competition for High School Psychology Student winners
Kudos to this year’s student winners.
- 2017 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair Awards
Congratulations to these outstanding high school students.
- 2017 American Psychological Foundation High School Psychology Outreach grants award winners
Congratulations to the 2017 grant recipients.
- Easily accessible classroom activities and two-day lesson plans
Looking for an activity or lesson plan to use tomorrow in class?
News from the APA Center for Psychology in Schools and Education
- Golden Psi Award: Call for nominations
This award recognizes schools that apply psychological science to promote student academic and social-emotional growth and success. Deadline is Nov. 1.
News from the Society for the Teaching of Psychology
- Invitation to contribute to a new STP e-book
Editors needed for e-book on lab exercises.
- National kickoff of “Beyond Doom and Gloom: Engage in Climate and Energy Solutions”
Discover new resources to foster civic engagement.
- Society for Neuroscience Brain Awareness Video Contest results are in
Congratulations to the 2017 contest winners.
- Renew your APA membership today
Don’t miss out.
Mark Your Calendar
- Announcing the third Excellence in Psychology Instruction Conference (EPIC)
Professional development for high school teachers at EPIC on Oct. 7.
- Northeast Conference for Teachers of Psychology (NECTOP) and the New England Psychological Association (NEPA) meeting
Join your teaching colleagues at NECTOP and NEPA in Newton, Massachusetts, on Oct. 20-21, 2017.
- STP Annual Conference on Teaching (ACT)
STP invites you to ACT in San Antonio on Oct. 20-21, 2017.
- National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) Annual Conference
Make plans to attend NCSS in San Francisco on Nov. 17-19, 2017.
- National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology (NITOP) 2018
NITOP invites you to St. Pete Beach, Fla., on Jan. 3-6, 2018.