- APA Convention CE Recordings: Purchase CE sessions (one- or two-hour presentations) and CE workshops (four- or seven-hour trainings), which were videotaped at a past APA Annual Convention.
- The Clinician's Corner: The APA Office of Continuing Education in Psychology offers monthly 3-hour workshops that feature leading practitioners and scholars working in key areas of professional practice. All workshops include CE credits. You can attend two ways: on-site at the APA building (750 First St. NE, Washington, D.C.), or via live webcast.
Independent Study Programs
Book-Based Exams: Based on outstanding APA publications that cover a broad array of interests.
Video On-Demand Recordings: These programs offer you the opportunity to complete professional development that fits your interests, your schedule, and your budget.
- American Board of Professional Psychology
- Conversations in Ethics for Psychologist Managers
- Heart and Mind: Contemporary Issues in Cardiac Psychology
Article Based Exams: Read APA articles covering topics such as evidence-based practice, ethics and clinical psychology, then purchase the exam to earn credit. Formats include:
- APA Monitor's CE Corner
- Evidence-Based Behavioral Practice (EBBP)
- The Counseling Psychologist (TCP)
CE credit requirements (PDF, 129KB) vary state by state. Note: This list may not be up to date as state licensing boards can change rules and regulations at any time throughout the year. Please contact your state licensing board for the most recent information. APA does not govern state licensing requirements.
List of APA Approved Sponsors: APA-approved sponsors of continuing professional education located in North American and European states and provinces.
APA Practice Organization
Practice Central: Information and resources for practicing psychologists in all settings and at all stages of their career. APA Practice Organization (APAPO) is a companion organization to the American Psychological Association.