APA Librarian Conference Travel Awards
The APA Librarian Conference Travel Awards are intended to support early- and mid-career librarians who are seeking to attend library conferences in order to grow as professionals. At this time, we are not limiting the conferences that are eligible for travel award funding — applicants should identify the conference that best meets their professional needs, and make the case for attendance in their application materials.
Each calendar year, three cash awards of $750 each are available.
- May 1-July 31: Accepting applications for conferences taking place from September-December
- Sept. 1-Nov. 30: Accepting applications for conferences taking place from January-April
- Jan. 1-March 31: Accepting applications for conferences taking place from May-August
- Applicants must be currently employed as a librarian at an academic or health sciences library, and have less than 15 years of experience in a library after receiving their MLS.
- Applicants must be located in the United States.
- Travel awards will be provided for no more than one librarian at any given institution per calendar year.
- Past awardees are no longer eligible.
- Financial need.
- Potential for professional growth.
- Demonstrated commitment to the profession.
- Preference will be given to those whose regular job duties include working closely with students, faculty, researchers or clinicians in the behavioral sciences.
To apply, submit the following via email during the appropriate application cycle:
- Application form (PDF, 120KB).
- Resume or CV (two pages maximum).
- An essay of no more than 1,000 words describing what you expect to learn at the conference, and how this knowledge will impact the work you do with, or on behalf of, students, faculty and other constituents.